8 Seasonal Inspections of Running Rigging and Lines
1) Furling assembly – inspect for corrosion, cracks, and/or loosening.
2) Inspect your small, mid-range, or big boat blocks for cracks and corrosion.
3) Blocks should also be checked to make sure they spin freely.
4) Clean and lube all your snatch blocks, clutches, and shackles.
5) Clean your sailing lines if they were not cleaned for the Winter layup. Do so to get rid of the salt and grime in the cover and the core of the line. Place in a washing machine on gentle cycle using a mild soap. Dry in fresh air.
6) Inspect length of sailing lines for wear, tear, and chafing. Sailing lines to inspect include sheets, halyards, control lines, furling line, reefing lines, dock lines, and mooring lines.
7) Inspect integrity of all splices
8) If the cover or core of sailing lines are damaged, be sure to replace before the sailing season.
Call Jonathan at (401) 474-1458 to discuss our recommendations for sailing lines that will best serve you.